LAST UPDATED: 17 April, 2023
2. What Information Do You Collect from Me?
3. How is My Information Used?
4. How is My Information Stored and Protected?
5. What Information is Collected Through Technology and by Third-Parties?
6. How Long Will You Keep My Information?
7. Do You Share My Personally Identifiable Information with Anyone?
8. What are Your Legal Grounds for Processing My Information?
9. What are My Rights to My Information?
BY USING THE MOIC WEBSITE, YOU SIGNIFY YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS SITE.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO YOU COLLECT FROM ME?
We collect information that may personally identify you when you voluntarily access this site from your computer or mobile device, register your email address on the site, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as email and your mobile number, or engage with another site feature. You can always choose not to provide information, however, this may prevent you from taking advantage of such MOIC site features. When you access our site from your computer or mobile device (either one, a “device”) to access and use our services, we may receive information about your location and your computer or mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. Please contact your mobile service carrier or device manufacturer to learn how to disable location services for your particular device. We also automatically collect information on the type of device you use (known as a device identifier) as well as your operating system. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our site on your device. This software may record information including how often you use the site, events that occur within the site, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the site was accessed from. The information we store within the analytics software is anonymized. In other words, We do not link the information to you. We store within the analytics software to any personal Information that you submit within the site. Changes to Personally Identifiable Information: To change any personally identifiable information that you have shared with us, please contact us at [email protected].
3. HOW IS MY INFORMATION USED?
The information we collect is used for a variety of purposes, such as: to perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of users of our services to improve our relationship with our customers by personalizing your site experience where possible, allowing us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you may be most interested; to improve our service to you in responding to any of your service requests; for product development purposes and to generally inform advertisers about the nature of our subscriber base to improve our relationship with our customers; to customize your experience by allowing advertising to be targeted to the users for whom such advertising is most pertinent; and to administer contests, promotions, surveys, and/or other site features. E-mailing list users of the service may be given a choice whether they would like to be included on our e-mail list and receive e-mail newsletters from us. If You have opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters from us, You may periodically receive communications including links to and information regarding sales, promotions, sweepstakes, and other information that we, at Museum of Ice Cream believe you may find interesting. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters from us, you will not receive these e-mails. How to Opt-Out of E-mailing List: If you would no longer like to receive e-mail newsletters from us, you can unsubscribe by selecting the unsubscribe link located in any of our promotional emails.
4. HOW IS MY INFORMATION STORED AND PROTECTED?
The security of your personally identifiable information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information that we store in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances, including the security of your data during transmission to us or the security of your data on a computer or mobile device. We are committed to alerting you and taking protective measures when a breach is discovered.
5. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED THROUGH TECHNOLOGY AND BY THIRD- PARTIES?
During your visit, as you browse through and interact with our site and place orders, We automatically collect and store the following non-personal, or anonymous, information about your visit:
▪ the date and time you access our site;
▪ the pages you visit on our site;
▪ if you navigate to our site by clicking a link, the location of that link;
▪ the technical capabilities of the device you use to access our site;
▪ the internet service provider you use to connect to our site (for example “companyX.com” if you have a commercial internet account, or “universityX.edu” if You connect from a university); and
▪ the IP address (a number automatically assigned to your device whenever you are surfing the internet) from which you access our site.
6. HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP MY INFORMATION?
We store information until it is no longer necessary to provide our services, or until you request that we delete your information, whichever comes first.
7. DO YOU SHARE MY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WITH ANYONE?
8. WHAT ARE YOUR LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We rely on the following legal bases to use Your personal data: 1. Where it is needed to provide You with Our products or services, such as communicating with You, 2. With Your consent, such as for providing You with direct marketing communications, and 3. Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as to comply with legal obligations.
9. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS TO MY INFORMATION
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you These include:
• the right to access a copy of your personal information;
• the right to correct or change your personal information;
• the right to restrict our use of your personal information;
• the right to be forgotten; • the right of data portability; and
• the right to object to our use of your personal information.
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time. If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected]. Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we can fulfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect the personal information belonging to our customer against fraudulent requests.
Children’s Guidelines COPPA Compliance. If You are under 18, You may use the MOIC site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You learn that Your child has provided Us with personally identifiable information, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected personally identifiable information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers. Amendments We reserve the right to update or change this Policy at any time. Your continued use of the Service after We inform you of and post any amendments to the Policy at https://www.museumoficecream.com will constitute Your acknowledgement and acceptance of such amendments. In the event that we choose to make amendments to this Policy, We will notify You either through the email address that You have provided Us, or by placing a prominent notice on Our Website. Questions and Feedback We welcome Your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy.
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
1. Contact details that you provide, such as your email address or phone number.
2. Account data that you provide to create an account on the Service, including your name, email address and password.
3. Profile data that you choose to add to your profile on the Service.
4. Transaction data, such as your participation in our offers, rewards or promotional programs.
5. Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions or feedback, through social media, or otherwise.
7. Third party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as social media accounts that you use to log into or connect to the Service, which will allow us to collect the information you choose to make available in your settings on that social media account.
8. Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, our communications and other online services, such as:
– Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, time zone, language settings, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
– Online activity data, such as clicks, scrolling information, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages, information about your activity on a page, access times, and duration of access, whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within emails or text messages, and diagnostic data (such as crash logs, launch time, hang rate and energy use).
9. Cookies and similar technologies. Some of the data we collect automatically is collected through cookies, which are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies serve different purposes, like helping us understand how a site is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving your browsing experience. Our sites may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them). The Service uses two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our websites; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers or business partners on our websites, and can be used by these parties to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites. Third party cookies can be used for a variety of purposes, including site analytics, advertising and social media features. Our websites may employ the following types of cookies and other tracking technologies:
– Advertising cookies. These cookies are used by advertising companies to collect information about how you use the Service and other websites over time. These companies use this information to show you ads they believe will be relevant to you within our services and elsewhere, and to measure how the ads perform.
– Analytics cookies. These cookies help us understand how our services are performing and being used. These cookies may work with web beacons included in emails we send to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Service. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
– Essential cookies. These cookies are necessary to allow the technical operation of our services (e.g., they enable you to move around on a website and to use its features).
How we use your personal information.
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
– Service delivery. We use your personal information to:
– provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
– communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
– understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
– provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze user behavior, understand the effectiveness of existing features, plan new features, measure audience size or characteristics and otherwise analyze and improve the Service and our business.
Create anonymized data. We may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties to analyze and improve the Service, promote our business or for any lawful business purpose.
Marketing and advertising. We, our service providers and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for the following marketing and advertising purposes:
– Direct marketing. We may send you recurring direct marketing communications about our products and services and other products and services that may interest you as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our direct marketing communications as described in the “Opt-out of marketing” section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
– comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
– protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
– enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How we share your personal information
– Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email and text message delivery, marketing, customer relationship management, business software and website analytics) to facilitate the provision of such services. For example, our online store is powered by Shopify, which describes how it uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
– Advertising partners. Third party advertisers and advertising companies for the purposes described in the “Interest-based advertising” section above.
– Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
– Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the purposes described in the “Compliance and protection” section above.
– Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of our or our affiliates’ business or assets (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Your choices: You have the following choices with respect to your personal information.
– Access or update your information. If you have registered for a Service account with us, you may review and update account information by logging into the account.
– Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails. You may opt-out of text messages by replying with the word STOP.
– Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, our websites may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our websites. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or device and you may need to log in every time you visit our websites.
– Limit interest-based advertising. You may opt out of receiving interest-based advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms linked above. If you choose to opt-out of interest-based ads, you will still see advertisements online but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to opt out, you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that do not participate in the programs listed above.
– Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
– Linked third-party platforms. If you choose to connect to the Service through your social media account or other third-party platform, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third-party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
Other sites and services: The Service may contain links to or embedded content from websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. Security: We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer: We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
Please feel free to send any comments and/or concerns regarding this policy to [email protected].