LAST UPDATED: JULY 6, 2018
2. What Information Do You Collect from Me?
3. How is My Information Used?
4. How is My Information Stored and Protected?
5. What Information is Collected Through Technology and by Third-Parties?
6. How Long Will You Keep My Information?
7. Do You Share My Personally Identifiable Information with Anyone?
8. What are Your Legal Grounds for Processing My Information?
9. What are My Rights to My Information?
BY USING THE MOIC WEBSITE, YOU SIGNIFY YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS SITE.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO YOU COLLECT FROM ME?
We collect information that may personally identify You when You voluntarily: § access this site from your computer or mobile device, § register your email address on the site, § enter a contest or sweepstakes, § respond to a survey or communication such as email, or § engage with another site feature. You can always choose not to provide information, however, this may prevent you from taking advantage of such MOIC site features. Website When You access Our site from Your computer or mobile device (either one, a “device”) to access and use Our Services, We may receive information about Your location and Your computer or mobile device, including a unique identifier for Your device. We may use this information to provide You with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow You to turn off location services. Please contact Your mobile service carrier or device manufacturer to learn how to disable location services for Your particular device. We also automatically collect information on the type of device You use (known as a device identifier) as well as Your operating system. We use mobile analytics software to allow Us to better understand the functionality of Our site on Your device. This software may record information including• how often You use the site, • events that occur within the site, • aggregated usage, • performance data, and • where the site was accessed from. The information We store within the analytics software is anonymized. In other words, We do not link the information We store within the analytics software to any Personal Information that You submit within the site. Changes to Personally Identifiable Information To change any personally identifiable information that You have shared with us, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. HOW IS MY INFORMATION USED?
The information We collect is used for a variety of purposes, such as: § to perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of users of Our Services to improve Our relationship with Our customers by personalizing Your site experience where possible, allowing us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which You may be most interested; § to improve Our service to You in responding to any of Your service requests; § for product development purposes and to generally inform advertisers about the nature of Our subscriber base to improve Our relationship with Our customers; § to customize Your experience by allowing advertising to be targeted to the users for whom such advertising is most pertinent; and § to administer contests, promotions, surveys, and/or other site features. E-mailing List Users of the Service may be given a choice whether they would like to be included on Our e-mail list and receive e-mail newsletters from us. If You have opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters from Us, You may periodically receive communications including links to and information regarding sales, promotions, sweepstakes, and other information that We Museum of Ice Cream Privacy and Date believe You may find interesting. If You have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters from us, You will not receive these e-mails. How to Opt-Out of E-mailing List If You would no longer like to receive e-mail newsletters from us, You can unsubscribe by selecting the unsubscribe link located in any of Our promotional emails.
4. HOW IS MY INFORMATION STORED AND PROTECTED?
The security of Your personally identifiable information is important to Us, and We strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information that We store in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. While We attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and We cannot promise that information about You will remain secure in all circumstances, including the security of Your data during transmission to Us or the security of Your data on a computer or mobile device. We are committed to alerting You and taking protective measures when a breach is discovered.
5. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED THROUGH TECHNOLOGY AND BY THIRD- PARTIES?
During Your visit, as You browse through and interact with Our site and place orders, We automatically collect and store the following non-personal, or anonymous, information about Your visit:
▪ the date and time You access Our site;
▪ the pages You visit on Our site;
▪ if You navigate to Our site by clicking a link, the location of that link;
▪ the technical capabilities of the device you use to access Our site;
▪ the internet service provider You use to connect to Our site (for example "companyX.com" if You have a commercial internet account, or "universityX.edu" if You connect from a university); and
▪ the IP address (a number automatically assigned to Your device whenever You are surfing the internet) from which You access Our site.
6. HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP MY INFORMATION?
We store information until it is no longer necessary to provide Our Services, or until You request that we delete your information, whichever comes first.
7. DO YOU SHARE MY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WITH ANYONE?
8. WHAT ARE YOUR LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We rely on the following legal bases to use Your personal data: 1. Where it is needed to provide You with Our products or services, such as communicating with You, 2. With Your consent, such as for providing You with direct marketing communications, and 3. Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as to comply with legal obligations.
9. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS TO MY INFORMATION
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you These include:
• the right to access a copy of your personal information;
• the right to correct or change your personal information;
• the right to restrict our use of your personal information;
• the right to be forgotten; • the right of data portability; and
• the right to object to our use of your personal information.
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time. If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we can fulfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect the personal information belonging to our customer against fraudulent requests.
Children's Guidelines COPPA Compliance. If You are under 18, You may use the MOIC site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You learn that Your child has provided Us with personally identifiable information, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected personally identifiable information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers. Amendments We reserve the right to update or change this Policy at any time. Your continued use of the Service after We inform you of and post any amendments to the Policy at https://www.museumoficecream.com will constitute Your acknowledgement and acceptance of such amendments. In the event that we choose to make amendments to this Policy, We will notify You either through the email address that You have provided Us, or by placing a prominent notice on Our Website. Questions and Feedback We welcome Your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy.
Please feel free to send any comments and/or concerns regarding this policy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which 1AND8 Singapore Pte Ltd (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
1. As used in this Notice: “customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your NRIC number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information.
3. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
4. We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
5. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes: (a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you; (b) verifying your identity; (c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you; 4 SAMPLE CLAUSES AND TEMPLATES FOR CUSTOMERS (published 17 October 2017) (d) managing your relationship with us; (e) processing payment or credit transactions; (f) sending your marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions; (g) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority; (h) any other purposes for which you have provided the information; (i) transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and (j) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
6. We may disclose your personal data: (a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or (b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 5 above for us.
7. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
8. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
9. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
10. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods 5 SAMPLE CLAUSES AND TEMPLATES FOR CUSTOMERS (published 17 October 2017) or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
11. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
12. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
13. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
14. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
15. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
16. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
17. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
18. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
19. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
20. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
21. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Attention: Lau Kia Yong
Address: 100 Loewen Road, Singapore 248837
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Telephone No.: +65 9822 5692
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
22. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
23. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date: 6 April 2021
Last updated: 6 April 2021